Re: BUILT_SOURCES

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: BUILT_SOURCES
Date: 20 Feb 2001 11:00:52 -0700

>>>>> "Florent" == Florent Devin <address@hidden> writes:

Florent> I have seen a var which is BUILT_SOURCES.
Florent> Affecting this variable causes the make process build the var before
Florent> anything. (If I am wrong please tell me).
Florent> But is it necessary to build this var if the cmd is make clean ???

This only happens with earlier versions of automake.  The current
prerelease has (slightly) different, better semantics for
BUILT_SOURCES.  For instance, a built source is no longer built when
invoking a clean target.

Tom