Re: 33-dist-flavors.patch

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: 33-dist-flavors.patch
Date: 20 Feb 2001 12:48:07 -0700

>>>>> "Akim" == Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

Akim> This patch includes all the diffs of Makefile.ins, i.e., subdirs'
Akim> Makefile have not changed.  The big change in the top Makefile.in
Akim> comes from the fact that the so called `find complex command' is
Akim> attached to distdir (where it belongs IMHO), rather than to each
Akim> dist-like target.

A "top level" Makefile.in might actually be called from a higher
directory.  Suppose I take a complete auto*-using package and make it
a subdir of another package.

This might affect this code.  I don't remember.  But we have to be
sure that this change doesn't cause problems in this scenario.

If it does cause problems (I haven't looked) then one solution would
be to introduce an intermediate target:

    dist: _am-dist-intermediate
    _am-dist-intermediate: distdir
        find ...

Could you look at this first?
If there are no problems then go ahead and commit it.

Tom