RE: Manual additions (DOS issues)

From: Tim Van Holder
Subject: RE: Manual additions (DOS issues)
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 18:53:21 +0100

[Arg - damn outlook keeps sending mail before I want it to ]

> Plenty of thanks!
I'd like to say it was a pleasure, but writing docs never is :-)

Fine by me. Note that the only two other @itemizes in the manual
both use @bullet.

> I removed the @*, AFAIK it's useless here, and anyway it is
> inconsistent with the rest of the doc.
Maybe for DVI output, but for info (using makeinfo 4.0) you get

   - No multiple dots DOS cannot handle multiple dots in filenames.
     This is an especially important thing to remember when building a
     portable configure script, as `autoconf' uses a .in suffix for
     template files.

This is ugly IMHO; the @* was there to force a line break, as in:

   - No multiple dots
     DOS cannot handle multiple dots in filenames.  This is an
     especially important thing to remember when building a portable
     configure script, as `autoconf' uses a .in suffix for template
     files.

The item text was intended as sort of a paragraph title.

> We promote @sc{dos}.
Fine by me.  DJGPP should be kept as is though (i.e. no @sc{djgpp})
- the DJGPP maintainers want it that way.