Re: *.o not in src_dir

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: *.o not in src_dir
Date: 27 Feb 2001 13:33:22 -0700

>> $ cd $(srcdir)
>> $ mkdir bin-i686-linux; cd bin-i686-linux
>> $ ../configure --prefix=...

Carsten> thank you for your quick response.
Carsten> Unfortunately that's not exactly what I wanted.
Carsten> The OS and the architecture should be determined automatically.
Carsten> So it should be possible for the users of our package not to
Carsten> generate a special OS-directory by themself.

Automake doesn't work that way, nor will it.

Tom