Re: Testsuite fails

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Testsuite fails
Date: 27 Feb 2001 17:40:19 -0700

>>>>> "adl" == Alexandre Duret-Lutz <address@hidden> writes:

adl> Is it an "ok" for my proposal or a "no, keep it as it is now"?
adl> Right now, I would have to call AC_CHECK_TOOL([STRIP],[strip])
adl> in my configure.in *before* calling AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE to make
adl> thinks work.

Yeah.  I think we should just change AM_PROG_INSTALL_STRIP to always
use install-sh.  I don't think it is very important to try to optimize
install-strip.

adl> Basically I'm asking the same thing for strip.  Except that
adl> since Autoconf 2.13 doesn't ship with an AC_PROG_STRIP macro
adl> that Automake can check for, this macro would be supplied by
adl> automake (unfortunately).

I don't want to supply it in automake.  We're moving out of the macro
business now that autoconf is maintained.

Tom