Re: yaccvpath.test

From: Alexandre Duret-Lutz
Subject: Re: yaccvpath.test
Date: 28 Feb 2001 09:47:14 +0100

>>> "Pavel" == Pavel Roskin <address@hidden> writes:

 Pavel> Hello, Alexandre!
 >> >> Alexandre claims it fails.
 >>
 >> Yes it should.

 Pavel> Then show us how it fails.

You did it in the next mail.

[...]

 Pavel> But I don't see that your are testing for that
 Pavel> problem. Your test is quite generic - "make distcheck"
 Pavel> should pass.

No it dows stop because a newer parse.c is generated in the
build tree (because the parse.c included in the distribution is
not up to date w.r.t parse.y).

[...]

 >> Isn't this a workaround to an Automake bug?  It look so to me:
 >> if install-sh is in current directory, why would Automake prefer
 >> and use ../../install-sh?

 Pavel> It's a complicated mix of several bugs and ancient
 Pavel> traditions. I believe, the best fix will be to have
 Pavel> tests/defs to copy the right install-sh instead of
 Pavel> creating an empty file.

yaccvpath already erase these files and run `automake -a'.
--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz