Re: yaccvpath.test

From: Pavel Roskin
Subject: Re: yaccvpath.test
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 11:19:30 -0500 (EST)

Hello, Alexandre!

I'm applying my patch, Ok?

>  Pavel> Now we have a more interesting error:
>
> This is *the* error this test is expected to show.  Thanks :)

The only question remains, whether it's a bug a not. I'm affraid it's a
highly debatable topic. I think it's Ok to test for features if there is
consensus that it's features and not bugs and vice versa.

So I'll outline some questions. If we argee on them - fine, if not, let's
not enforce arguments with test cases.

1) "make dist" must ensure that out-of-date generated distributable files
(parser.c, Makefile.in etc) are not included in the tarball either by
running "make all" or otherwise. Yes or no?

2) "make distcheck" must ensure that out-of-date generated distributable
files are not included in the tarball by exiting with non-zero code. Yes
or no?

3) Out-of-date generated distributable files should be recreated in the
build directory. Always, never, only when no write permissions for srcdir?

4) "make distclean" should attempt to clean generated distributable files
that appear in the build directory. Yes or no?

Regards,
Pavel Roskin