Re: yaccvpath.test

From: Derek R. Price
Subject: Re: yaccvpath.test
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 17:37:33 -0500

Pavel Roskin wrote:

> Some unices (including GNU/Linux) are not very precise with respect to the
> timestamps. It's likely that parse.c and the new parse.y are created in
> the same second, so parse.c will appear to be up-to-date.  Adding "sleep
> 3" (I have no idea what would be a minimal safe time) before the new

CVS uses a single second sleep to guarentee timestamps change cross-platform
and we don't see bug reports about it.  Only ocassionaly complaints that
scripts which invoke CVS many times take too long.

Derek

--
Derek Price                      CVS Solutions Architect ( http://CVSHome.org )
mailto:address@hidden     OpenAvenue ( http://OpenAvenue.com )