Re: problem with make install and java

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: problem with make install and java
Date: 03 Mar 2001 15:56:08 -0700

>>>>> "Rusty" == Rusty Ballinger <address@hidden> writes:

Rusty> I do this with noinst_JAVA.  A while ago I sent a patch to fix
Rusty> a problem or two with the way noinst_JAVA is handled, but I
Rusty> don't know whether it went in (I still haven't gotten around to
Rusty> filling out the paperwork).

It did:

2000-12-23  Tom Tromey  <address@hidden>

        From Rusty Ballinger:
        * automake.in (handle_java): Don't skip `noinst' prefix.

Rusty>   hippo_jar_SOURCES = \
Rusty>     com/foo/bar/Blather.java \
Rusty>     com/foo/baz/Blerf.java \
Rusty>     com/foo/snoggins.properties \
Rusty>     etc.
Rusty> That would be ideal.  (Maybe you can already do this?)

You can't yet.  I agree this would be good to support.

I think something like:

    foo_JAVA = hippo.jar
    hippo_jar_SOURCES = ...

I would accept a clean patch to implement this.

Tom