Re: 02-define-exts.patch

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: 02-define-exts.patch
Date: 05 Mar 2001 12:59:38 -0700

Akim> Time for another set of explanations :)
Akim> I seem to have understood that we don't support

Akim> if foo
Akim> bin_PROGRAMS += foo
Akim> fi

Akim> (or am I wrong?).  If so, why?

I think we ought to support this but we currently do not.  We don't
support it because, previously, making it possible to have a variable
both conditionally and unconditionally defined was too hard.

Now I think we can handle it, we just have to implement it.

I think there is an automake PR on this issue.

Akim> grep -c '^\.c\.o:' Makefile.in   | grep '^1$'

Akim> You said my first patch was wrong because it was not checking
Akim> that two .c.o: rules were output, so I fixed that issue.  Or
Akim> maybe I misunderstood?

No, I did.  I missed the `-c'.

Tom