Re: 07-use-w.patch

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: 07-use-w.patch
Date: 06 Mar 2001 19:41:07 +0100

Tom Tromey <address@hidden> writes:

> >> Sometimes this error is really an error.  That is why we save and
> >> optionally restore the exit status around the message printing.  Let's
> >> make this work correctly instead of breaking it.
>
> Akim> I believe my patch is correct, note the $exit_status = 1.
>
> I was just responding to your comment.  I haven't read this patch yet.
>
> Akim> -                   &am_conf_line_error ($configure_ac, $line,
> Akim> -                                        "$message$trailer");
> Akim> +                   print STDERR "$configure_ac:$line:
> $message$trailer\n";
>
> This is wrong because $line is not necessarily a line number.
> It can be the name of a macro.

Arg, I didn't pay attention to this, while I was aware of this :(

As a first step, I can apply this patch *but* with this part and the
--Werror part in defs.  Then we have -w in automake, the bad uses are
fixed (at least those triggered by the test suite and the fileutils),
the only thing is that the test suite does not check that we don't
diverge.

But I will provide a real implementation of --warning, and then we
will be able to reinstall -Werror in the test suite.

OK?