Re: Spam (was: »ç¹«¿ë°¡±¸ Á¾ÇÕ¼îÇθôÀÔ´Ï´Ù.)

From: Stephan Kulow
Subject: Re: Spam (was: »ç¹«¿ë°¡±¸ Á¾ÇÕ¼îÇθôÀÔ´Ï´Ù.)
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 23:16:48 +0100

Tom Tromey wrote:

> Allan> One alternative is to go to whatever egroup.com is now.  Egroup
> Allan> grew from bigfoot or something, it's a list-server that
> Allan> requires that all posters are members of the list.
>
> We can't move the list.
>
> Maybe we could convince the GNU sysadmins to turn on spam blocking.

Speaking as mail admin for @kde.org I can only tell you that this is impossible.
The only way would be what Allan suggested and restrict posting to members, but
this gets tiresome for the admin at least very soon and doesn't really justify
the couple of mails that go through.

You must admit that it became a lot better since the mailing list software
was switched to mailman which blocks postings not listed as To/CC:
address@hidden
Such spam is still quite rare.

Greetings, Stephan

--
Teigwaren heissen Teigwaren, weil sie Teig waren * J. v. d. Lippe
MFCH