Re: Conditionals in Makefile

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Conditionals in Makefile
Date: 07 Mar 2001 16:02:24 -0700

>>>>> "Akim" == akim  <address@hidden> writes:

Akim> i understood my question was stupid: the order does not matter,
Akim> because if it's a rule, then it amkes no sense (hence is
Akim> forbidden) to have two equivalent conditions (actually one being
Akim> provalbe by the other is enough) or it's = defined variable
Akim> which is the same case, or it's a += defined variable in which
Akim> case we handle += ourselves, hence again, we are not depend upon
Akim> the order.

If you are talking about the order of the generated code then it does
matter.  You can reassign a variable and the second one will take
effect.

Tom