Re: multiple AM_CONDITIONALs doens't work in CVS Automake

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: multiple AM_CONDITIONALs doens't work in CVS Automake
Date: 09 Mar 2001 16:40:35 +0100

"Lars J. Aas" <address@hidden> writes:

> When I bootstrap with the current Automake CVS sources, the strudels (@s)
> between the conditionals are missing:

Hi Lars!

> > @address@hidden@address@hidden = \

I am most probably guilty, but I don't understand what happens.  Could
you try to change

# &make_condition (@CONDITIONS)
# -----------------------------
# Transform a list of conditions (themselves can be an internal list
# of conditions, e.g., @CONDITIONS = ('cond1 cond2', 'cond3')) into a
# Make conditional (a pattern for AC_SUBST).
# Correctly returns the empty string when there are no conditions.
sub make_condition
{
    my $res = join ('@@', @_);
    return ''
      unless $res;

    $res = '@' . $res . '@';
    $res =~ s/ /@@/;
    return $res;
}

into

# &make_condition (@CONDITIONS)
# -----------------------------
# Transform a list of conditions (themselves can be an internal list
# of conditions, e.g., @CONDITIONS = ('cond1 cond2', 'cond3')) into a
# Make conditional (a pattern for AC_SUBST).
# Correctly returns the empty string when there are no conditions.
sub make_condition
{
    my $res = join ('@@', @_);
    print STDERR "MAKE1: $res\n";
    return ''
      unless $res;

    print STDERR "MAKE2: $res\n";
    return $res;
}

and send me the stderr from automake?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!  Actually, what happens if you /g the
s///?  Does it solve your issue?