Re: Overriding link program

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Overriding link program
Date: 12 Mar 2001 09:35:40 -0700

>>>>> "Geoff" == Geoff Quelch <address@hidden> writes:

Geoff> I am attempting to build a project with C and F90 sources. I
Geoff> have found a way around autoconf and automake attemting to use
Geoff> f77 to compile the Fortran sources, by placing "F77=f90" in
Geoff> Makefile.am. However, I haven't been able to work around
Geoff> automake and its choice of link program. The program's entry is
Geoff> through the C main function, but automake insists in using f90
Geoff> as the linker which doesn't result in an executable program.
Geoff> Any suggestions?

Define the _LINK macro for your program:

    bin_PROGRAMS = foo
    foo_LINK = ...

Tom