rpm spec bad

From: D. Stimits
Subject: rpm spec bad
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 15:50:49 -0700

I'm trying to do an rpm rebuild under the 1.4d automake, and came up
with a failure that I can't figure out, other than it being a broken
spec. I have bash installed, which is the sh on my system. However, the
rebuild breaks claiming there is no sh, when in reality there is (but
the rpm that provides it is bash). Unfortunately, it seems that
something in rpm is also broken, because it does not propagate the
--nodeps to the actual binary build...only the tarball gets built, then
it dies before completing the rpm binary build. Looking at the specs
file, I can't find any requirement for sh in there, so it must be
inheriting it somehow. Anyway, I'm looking for suggestions on forcing it
to rebuild (under Redhat 6.2) the source rpm with bash instead of sh
(sym links are present for both names, it is apparently just the rpm
database that says it isn't there).

D. Stimits, address@hidden