Re: depcomp changes for IRIX

From: Morten Eriksen
Subject: Re: depcomp changes for IRIX
Date: 16 Mar 2001 11:37:38 +0100

David,

[depcomp with SGI MIPSpro]
> The second is optional; to shorten some very long dependency lines I
> pruned out all the system headers (all headers with absolute paths).

The problem you're probably seeing without your patch is probably
lines that are cut off, thereby giving you faulty dependencies.

The cause of this is actually that IRIX sed cuts off lines longer than
a certain limit (4096 characters, if I remember correctly).

I submitted a workaround for this long ago, so this is also fixed in
the CVS sources.

Regards,
Morten