Re: 50-use-strict.patch

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: 50-use-strict.patch
Date: 19 Mar 2001 10:59:28 +0100

>>>>> "Russ" == Russ Allbery <address@hidden> writes:

Russ> (If you want to rewrite the code, you can use a hash of sub refs
Russ> instead of the computed name method, but that isn't always any
Russ> cleaner or more readable.)

In fact, since I wrote that patch, I learned about objects in Perl,
and given that Automake, IMHO, lacks of modularity, I started toying
with languages implemented as objects.  Then there is no longer any
reason to use computed sub names, and the problem vanishes away.

Afterwards, I'd like to implement some common base class for rules and
macros, then a Macro class and a Rule class.  I have already
normalized the handling of macros, so it shouldn't be too hard for
them, but much work remains to be done for rules.