Re: My patches

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: My patches
Date: 23 Mar 2001 09:21:07 -0700

>>>>> "Akim" == Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

Akim> Right now I don't have enough time to apply my patches, I will
Akim> probably do tomorrow Friday, or Saturday, or Sunday, but I will
Akim> try to catch up as soon as possible.

Don't speed up on my account.  I'm gone all next week.

Akim> I would like to emphasize that there is a chunk of patches which
Akim> should be applied altogether if we don't want to leave a broken
Akim> Automake in the repo.

Well, automake should never be broken in the repo.  Anyway I don't
have time to look at patches until at least a week from tomorrow.

Akim> I have a question: what is the version of Perl we can require.
Akim> There are feature implemented in 5.6 that I would like to use,
Akim> but is it acceptable?

I don't think so.  I run Red Hat 6.2, which is a reasonable OS to use.
It isn't obsolete yet.  It comes with perl 5.005_03.  I don't know
what the stable Debian release uses, but we should support that Perl
as well.

Tom