Re: possible bug with depcomp

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: possible bug with depcomp
Date: 26 Mar 2001 14:41:39 +0200

>>>>> "Robert" == Robert Collins <address@hidden> writes:

Robert> The project I'm converting to automake uses
Robert> AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR(cfgaux).  The dependency cehcking code was
Robert> looking for depend in the srcdir, not the srcdir/cfgaux. I'm
Robert> using a cvs version of autoconf - it's possible they've
Robert> changed the variables used...

Robert> Anyway, I've worked around it by dnl'ing the AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR
Robert> directive. Funny thing was, when I did that and ran automake
Robert> --foreign --add-missing -c, it installed depcomp into "lib/",
Robert> but all the other scripts into ".".

It's a known bug, and it's really painful.  Derek has posted a fix,
but we are still waiting for the FSF's agreement.