Re: Help with CVS (Was: Conditionals in CVS Automake)

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Help with CVS (Was: Conditionals in CVS Automake)
Date: 27 Mar 2001 21:06:38 +0200

>>>>> "Lars" == Lars J Aas <address@hidden> writes:

Lars> On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 08:26:59PM +0200, Akim Demaille wrote: :
Lars> Could someone teach me how to go backward with CVS and pull out
Lars> : revision n-1?  I'm quite lost with this issue, and I'd like to
Lars> use CVS : to have at least an idea of _when_ it started to fail.
Lars> I know how to : do that with PRCS, but have no idea about CVS.

Lars> Select a file revision from the "cvs log <file>" dump, and check
Lars> it out with "cvs update -r 1.325 <file>".  The revision becomes
Lars> sticky - you release the glue and get the latest again with "cvs
Lars> update -A <file>".

Thanks, but I was really asking the question for the whole *project*.
With PRCS I can talk about revision n - 1 of the *project*, i.e., the
full set of the files.  According to private messages with Lars
(Hecking :), you need to tag to be able to do that.  So I dropped this
idea and I'm currently running the following script.  Hopefully
tomorrow it should give some hints.

#! /bin/zsh

for i in {1..350}
do
  echo
  echo
  echo '=================================================================='
  echo "Getting $i days ago..."
  echo "Getting $i days ago..." >>LOG
  cvs update -A -D "$i day ago"
  rm automake
  make
  (
   cd ~/src/libtool-mlt/demo
   /tmp/am/automake --amdir=/tmp/am --verbose
   cd ..
   ./config.status
   make check TESTS='cdemo-static.test cdemo-make.test cdemo-exec.test
demo-static.test demo-make.test' && exit 1
   true
  ) || break
done

echo "STOPPED at: $i" >> LOG