Re: Help with CVS (Was: Conditionals in CVS Automake)

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: Help with CVS (Was: Conditionals in CVS Automake)
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 21:59:17 +0200

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 09:06:38PM +0200, Akim Demaille wrote:
: According to private messages with Lars (Hecking :), you need to tag
: to be able to do that.

Hehe, we're now three (late entry by Lars Stavholm), so you better be
specific in the times to come.  You can emphasize me by using Coffee-Lars,
BTW ;)  Hmm, maybe that's just a Norwegian nick/expression...

: for i in {1..350}
: do

So, has anyone implemented binary search in bourne shell?  I'm asking
because I mentioned to Akim that it would be a lot faster.  I figured out
later that bugs may come and go throughout the history of Automake, and
you're really just interested in when it toggled last time.  Binary search
would easily fail in such a case.  Can't compete with the cool-factor
though :).

  Lars J