RE: program target missing $(EXEEXT)

From: Robert Collins
Subject: RE: program target missing $(EXEEXT)
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:43:31 +1000

I still have a philosophical issue here. You're handling "known
programs". I really think the right way to do this is handle "known
platforms". Compilers on cygwin/mingw/os2/dos that need .exe are the
rule not the exception. To pick an example, rm, if the user is on mingw,
that won't be rm, it'll be "$(SHELL) delete". What then?

Rob

> cheers.
>
> --- automake.in.~1.995~ Mon Mar 26 21:31:18 2001
<skip>