Problem with EXTRA_*_SOURCES

From: Esben Haabendal Soerensen
Subject: Problem with EXTRA_*_SOURCES
Date: 02 Apr 2001 23:07:23 +0200

Hi

I am trying port a project's build system to automake, and this
project has a library which links objects from different source files
depending on the platform.  Let's say we have two platforms, linux and
freebsd.

In Makefile.am:

lib_LTLIBRARIES = foobar.la
foobar_la_SOURCES = foo.c @BAR_SOURCE@
EXTRA_foobar_la_SOURCES = bar_linux.c bar_freebsd.c

In configure.in:

case "$build_os" in
        linux-gnu)
                BAR_SOURCE = "bar_linux.c"
        freebsd)
                BAR_SOURCE = "bar_freebsd.c"
esac
AC_SUBST(BAR_SOURCE)

The resulting Makefile has a foobar_la_SOURCES with the expected
value, but foobar_la_OBJECTS do not contain any bar_*.lo object.  Am I
doing anything wrong ?

/bart-which-really-hope-somebody-can-help-him