Re: 29-remove-contents.patch

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: 29-remove-contents.patch
Date: 03 Apr 2001 20:29:35 +0200

The point of this patch and the next ones is to have a unified
handling of all the kinds of variables.  Before this patch, variables
have their `constant' value in %content, and conditional vars have
their content associated to $cond in $conditional{$var}{$cond}.

This patch replaces $contents{$var} with $conditional{$var}{TRUE}.
A *lot* of code becomes useless, and everything is *much* easier to
use/understand.  I know what I'm taking about: it's now over 3 weeks I
work with an Automake which no longer has this separation.

There is somewhere something that this patch breaks.  I have _no_ idea
what it is precisely, but it's normal: this patch was already too big,
and in my willing to give you something easy (well, easier) to review,
I meant to make a step.  But the patch is not complete in itself,
hence it `````breaks'''''' Automake.

If you wish, I can check in this patch and the next ones in a single
cvs commit instead of several.