Re: depcomp bug (was [Fwd: CVS update: ccvs])

From: Raja R Harinath
Subject: Re: depcomp bug (was [Fwd: CVS update: ccvs])
Date: 07 Apr 2001 15:55:00 -0500

Hi,

Tom Tromey <address@hidden> writes:
> Derek> One of the other CVS developers reported a bug in depcomp on
> Derek> BSD/OS.  Apparently the included /bin/sh doesn't set $? inside
> Derek> of the conditional.  His original message and fix are attached.
>
> I checked in a variant of this patch.
> depcomp has changed since the patch was made.
>
> Larry, can you try the new depcomp to see if it works?
> I can email it to you if you like.

The 'gcc3' code looks somewhat suspect :-)  I think it's preferable to
use less obtuse code.  The rest of the file uses

  if test "$stat" != "0"; then exit $stat; fi

So, the cases fixed above should use code like

  if test $stat -ne 0; then
      rm -f "$tmpdepfile"
      exit $stat
  fi

Anyway, here's a fix for the one problem.

from  Raja R Harinath  <address@hidden>

        * depcomp (gcc3): Invert test condition.

- Hari
--
Raja R Harinath ------------------------------ address@hidden