Re: 63-rename-var-vars.patch

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: 63-rename-var-vars.patch
Date: 09 Apr 2001 09:37:06 -0600

Tom> Incidentally changes of this sort are ripe for test cases which
Tom> test expected behavior.

Akim> You're hitting the limits of my English :)  I don't know if you say
Akim> ``follow what the existing tests say'' or ``this is typically
Akim> something new tests should check''.

I mean that if we decide to change how variables work, for instance by
rewriting the variable code so that the new rules are explicit and
enforced, then we should also write tests to test to make sure that
what we think we are doing matches what we are actually doing.

Tom