Re: 77-language-class.patch

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: 77-language-class.patch
Date: 09 Apr 2001 17:48:51 +0200

>>>>> "Tom" == Tom Tromey <address@hidden> writes:

>>>>> "Akim" == Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:
Akim> * automake.in (Language): New package, temporarily in this file.
Akim> Use Class::Struct.  (Automake): New package.  (%languages): New.
Akim> (&handle_single_transform_list): Use the language object's
Akim> `ansi' attribute instead of `$language_map{"$lang-ansi-p"}'.
Akim> (&register_language): Build and register the language too.

Tom> Did the licensing question with Class::Struct ever get worked
Tom> out?

The guy told me to ask to Jarkko, which is what I'm doing now :)

Tom> I'm not sure we really want to distribute our own version.  That
Tom> seems like a pain.  For one thing, how big is it?

~/src/am % ls -lh /usr/share/perl/5.6.0/Class/Struct.pm          nostromo 17:01
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          17k mar  8 20:17
/usr/share/perl/5.6.0/Class/Struct.pm

I don't think it's a pain: it is one things less to maintain, and it's
rather small!

Jarkko, I include below a news I tried to send on comp.lang.perl, but
I think it never went our of my organization.

        Akim