Re: 79-lang-compile.patch

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: 79-lang-compile.patch
Date: 09 Apr 2001 14:21:20 -0600

>>>>> "Akim" == Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

Akim>   * automake.in (Language): Add attributes `flags', `compile' and
Akim>   `compiler'.
Akim>   (&finish_languages, &handle_single_transform_list, &handle_dist)
Akim>   (&add_depend2, &register_language): Use them and the `linker' and
Akim>   `pure' attributes.

As I've said many times before, I definitely think we want each
language to be an object of some kind.

But do we really want objects with public attributes?  It seems to me
that we'd probably rather have objects with public methods and private
attributes.  (For all I know they are the same in Perl.  Feel free to
educate me :-)

Tom