Re: Including foreign makefiles

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Including foreign makefiles
Date: 10 Apr 2001 10:03:20 +0200

Tom> Your particular include doesn't match the regexp.

Tom> I'm not sure why I did it that way initially.  Now that seems
Tom> like a bug to me.

Agreed.

Tom> Instead I think anything we don't recognize should simply give an
Tom> error.

Well, you certainly don't mean ``anything'' :)  So I guess we should
use a scheme based on /^keyword / instead of the current scheme.  But
this should be applied to all the keywords (if, else etc.).  Bleah,
it's going to make the code uglier...

Or maybe just:

        elif (/^(if|else|endif|include)\b/)
        {
            echo "Nia: %s\n", $_ >&STDERR;
            throw Failure ();
        }

(Hm, we should rewrite Automake in INTERCAL :)