Re: 79-lang-compile.patch

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: 79-lang-compile.patch
Date: 10 Apr 2001 15:03:13 -0600

>>>>> "Akim" == Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

Akim> Nevertheless, in the present case, these are not exactly
Akim> attributes, which _are_ hidden.  It's accessors:

Thanks.

Akim> Anyway, there is a big problem with pushing more language
Akim> handling in the class itself, as there is a lot of Automake subs
Akim> to use.  And then Automake depends upon Automake::Languages
Akim> which depends upon Automake.

If we continue down the path of modularity we're eventually going to
have to sort this out.  I think we'll probably have several separate
Automake::* packages.  I imagine we'll be able to find an ordering
which isn't circular.

Tom