depcomp w/ libtool leaves %% in Makefile.in

From: Robert Boehne
Subject: depcomp w/ libtool leaves %% in Makefile.in
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:53:15 -0500

Here is a snippet of one of my Makefile.in's in a subdirectory
of a project using CVS MLB Libtool and dependencies.
This was generated with CVS Automake (as of today) with
--include-deps on the command line.
The problem is that the "if %%" line isn't translated
into anything by configure.  I don't understand how this is
supposed to work but I'm sure Akim knows.

Thanks,

Robert

.c.o:
        source='$<' object='$@' libtool=no @AMDEPBACKSLASH@
        depfile='$(DEPDIR)/$*.Po' tmpdepfile='$(DEPDIR)/$*.TPo'
@AMDEPBACKSLASH@
        $(CCDEPMODE) $(depcomp) @AMDEPBACKSLASH@
        $(COMPILE) -c -o $@ `test -f $< || echo '$(srcdir)/'`$<

if %%
.c.lo:
        source='$<' object='$@' libtool=yes @AMDEPBACKSLASH@
        depfile='$(DEPDIR)/$*.Plo' tmpdepfile='$(DEPDIR)/$*.TPlo'
@AMDEPBACKSLASH@
        $(CCDEPMODE) $(depcomp) @AMDEPBACKSLASH@
        $(LTCOMPILE) -c -o $@ `test -f $< || echo '$(srcdir)/'`$<
endif %%

.
--
Robert Boehne             Software Engineer
Ricardo Software   Chicago Technical Center