Re: 82-lang-finish.patch

From: akim
Subject: Re: 82-lang-finish.patch
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 00:24:40 +0200

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 12:21:12AM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 03:10:07PM -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:
> >
> > How hard is it going to be to move from the current object
> > implementation to the one we really want?
>
> In short, reifying automake, I don't know.  Reifying languages, macros
> and rules, yes! definitely!

Hm, lemme guess: I was completely out of topic, and the question was
about languages, and languages only...

Technically, inheritance with Class::Struct is fine.

But (and this is part of my previous answer) if you mean ``how long
is it going to take to be some structure without circular dependency'',
I still have no idea today.  I can see layers arise, but still
circular layers :)