Re: 98-no-depend2.patch

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: 98-no-depend2.patch
Date: 12 Apr 2001 00:22:35 -0600

>>>>> "Akim" == Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

Akim> The goal of the next dozen of patches is to merge the handling
Akim> of suffix rules and per object rules into a single routine and a
Akim> single file.  Currently there is ext-compile and depen2, and
Akim> special cases a bit everywhere dependending on why the case is
Akim> special.  It turns out everything can be handled uniformly, with
Akim> a single file.

I've got to say that I'm very wary of this batch of patches.

For one thing they predate our conversation about depend2.am.
This makes me wary about their correctness.
Plus, since they manipulate the code so much, it is hard for me to
understand their effect in a global way.  Reading twelve independent
patches is not pleasant.  Finally, some of the patches have missing or
obviously incorrect ChangeLog entries.

Could you address the ChangeLog issue on a per-patch basis?
And explain how the depend2 confusion will be cleared up?

Tom