Re: target dependency bug

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: target dependency bug
Date: 17 Apr 2001 01:20:27 -0300

On Apr 17, 2001, "Robert Collins" <address@hidden> wrote:

> If I understand you correctly, that should result in a Makefile.in with
> cf_gen_defines.h as a dependancy of cf_gen.$(OBJEXT): ?

Nope.  It's some other target that would depend on cf_gen_defines.h.
BUILT_SOURCES are global, not specific to some object file.

> I'm testing this on my cygwin box with GNU make, automake CVS (as of
> early week).

Try current CVS.  I think the fix for this bug was very, very recent.

Red Hat GCC Developer                  address@hidden, redhat.com}
CS PhD student at IC-Unicamp        address@hidden, gnu.org}