@_am_quote@ not replaced by 'configure'

From: Robert Boehne
Subject: @_am_quote@ not replaced by 'configure'
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 18:04:49 -0500

Hello!

Current CVS sources of Automake leave @_am_quote@
un-substituted in Makefile's causing make to fail
if dependencies are requested.
  This is a recent problem, it's existed in CVS for
only a few days (don't know exactly though).  I did have
a version of Automake working with dependencies properly
after Automake conditionals were used, so this was broken
after that.

  On a related note, I wonder if it would be reasonable
to add a test case to Automake similar to the style that
Libtool uses.  A test that actually compiles code and
attempted to use dependencies, invoke libtool, etc. would
help find these problems before they get checked in.
The test could simply be skipped if there is no C/C++/F77/?
compiler found.  I would be more than happy to contribute
the test as well.  Any thoughts?

Robert

--
Robert Boehne             Software Engineer
Ricardo Software   Chicago Technical Center