Re: problem: unitialized +=

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: problem: unitialized +=
Date: 18 Apr 2001 09:53:54 +0200

Alexandre> On Apr 17, 2001, Akim Demaille <address@hidden> wrote:
>> * automake.in (&macro_define): User variables can be first defined
>> with `+='.

Alexandre> My impression is that, in this case, the macro should add
Alexandre> to whatever automake would have set by default, instead of
Alexandre> completely overriding the setting.

Yep, I understand this very well.

Unfortunately it is quite unrealistic wrt the implementation: Automake
values are read _after_ Makefile.am was.  Supporting this would be
hard, and I am not sure it would bring really bonus.