Re: problem with conditionals and \ separator in SOURCES

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: problem with conditionals and \ separator in SOURCES
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 11:01:00 +0200

Tim Van Holder wrote:

> > You're right: line endings are to blame... the funny thing is that I got
> > the sources from a Linux CVS server, and the uncorrect line endings seem
> > to have been added during the dowloading... (actually I used WinCVS, so
> > this is quite likely).
>
> If you're using WinCVS and working with Unix/Linux-based repositories, I'd
> recommend checking the 'Use Unix line endings (0xa)' option in the
> preferences; this preserves Unix-style text on the client side.  Make sure
> you're not using a DOSsy editor that converts them back to CRLF or inserts
> CRLF on edited lines though.  You'll also have to do a nex checkout, as
> enabling this option also uses binary mode for CVS' administrative files.

OK, I updated to 1.2 of WinCVS, and checked that option: now it's
working :-)

thanks a lot
        Lorenzo

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD student in Computer Science                    |
|  Florence - Italy         (Linux User # 158233)     |
|  Home Page        : http://w3.newnet.it/bettini     |
|           http://infostud.dsi.unifi.it/~bettini     |
|  Mail             : address@hidden            |
|  http://www.mokabyte.it       Java on line journal  |