Re: Automake: use of modified Perl modules & GPL

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Automake: use of modified Perl modules & GPL
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 22:58:11 -0600 (MDT)

    We would like to have some advice from you about a license issue.  In
    short, we would like to use a modified version of a Perl core module,
    which means we need it to be GPL.

I don't understand the scenario clearly, so I don't know the answer.

Who initially wrote this module?  What license was the original
version released with?

Who wrote the modified version?  Was the modified version ever
released?  Do you have a copy of it?  What does this modified version
say about its licensing?