Re: More CVS head errors

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: More CVS head errors
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 00:40:35 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Akim Demaille" <address@hidden>
To: "Robert Collins" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2001 12:36 AM

writes:

> Robert> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Collins"
> Robert> <address@hidden> To: <address@hidden> Sent:
> Robert> Friday, April 20, 2001 9:35 AM Subject: More CVS head errors
>

> >> I know you love this bleeding edge feedback :]
> >>
> >> What could cause errors like Automake::register_language() called
> >> too early to check prototype at /bin/automake line 742.
>
> Robert> Sorry for the noise: I had not run aclocal. The first error
> Robert> still occurs though.
>
> Hi Robert,
>
> Yes, this is a known issue.  Painful but benign.  Because fixing it
> involves a source-quake, which would destroy my patch stack, I would
> like to keep it this way until it's flushed.
>
> If it is too inconvenient, then I can remove the -w for a while.   ?

No problem, don't worry. I simply saw warnings and reported :]. I
finally got squid to pass a make distcheck today, I'm very happy with
how small the Makefile.am's have to be.

Thanks to all the automake developers for the tool, and the patience :]

I'm currently having to distribute two patches for automake to achieve
the pass on make distcheck - the openbsd install-am target, and the
workaround I put together for subobj5.test. If you guys have some idea
of the timeframe for a formal fix to both of those I'd appreciate
knowing it. (Not to keep you to it, but for planning purposes).

Thanks again,
I'm off to bother the libtool folk for phase 2 :]

Rob