Dependency to update Makefile

From: Raj (Basavaraj) Karadakal
Subject: Dependency to update Makefile
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 11:28:54 -0400

I am trying to use Automake in a project. I found a dependency problem in the generated Makefile. If I change Makefile.am , the dependency rules in the Makefile to update itself, will not be executed before the target rules. The result is if I change Makefile.am, the Makefile get updated after the target gets updated, so the target built first time after changing Makefile.am is not right.

Ideally the Makefile should get updated before the target rules are run. Is there a way to force this? Or is there any fix for this.

Thanks
Basavaraj