Re: 105-merge-specflags-tests.patch

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: 105-merge-specflags-tests.patch
Date: 27 Apr 2001 16:03:08 +0200

>>>>> "Tom" == Tom Tromey <address@hidden> writes:

>>>>> "Akim" == Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:
Akim> * tests/specflags4.test, tests/specflags5.test: Remove, merged
Akim> into...  * tests/specflags3.test: here.

Tom> Ok.  But why bother?

There are several motivations for my merging tests: speed issues (a
test suite which is too slow is a test suite which is not run often
enough), group things which are related (in order to ease the moving
to some other testing scheme such as Autotest).

At the beginning I refrained myself from doing this because before
each test brought a Boolean information which could be enough to guess
what's wrong.  But in practice the Boolean is never enough, and we
systematically ask at least for a VERBOSE run.