Re: File name conflict in current cvs automake

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: File name conflict in current cvs automake
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 18:20:55 +0200

On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 05:14:29PM +0100, Lars Hecking wrote:
: > : Same problem on AmigaOS (case-preserving, case-insensitive fs).
: >
: > Is this true for the new AmigaOS (the SDK/VM) too, or just the good old
: > Amiga-hardware-specific one?
:
: No idea at all, I don't follow. It is true for up to 3.1, and presumably
: 3.5.
:
: (I'm in fact typing this from my Amiga, but it's booted into OpenBSD
:  right now:)

To be correct, it's AFS the problem relates to.  If you create an AFS
partition on Linux you will probably have the same problem there, and
if you can have a UFS or some other filesystem under AmigaOS, you can
probably avoid this problem on AmigaOS too :)

  Lars J
--
Innovation is one percent inspiration and ninetynine percent perspiration,
and in my case; twice that...  -- Norville Barnes, `The Hudsucker Proxy'