Re: AC_CHECK_HEADER(S) search path

From: Lars Hecking
Subject: Re: AC_CHECK_HEADER(S) search path
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 19:04:48 +0100

>   Wich directory variable should I set to tell AC_CHECK_HEADER to search in
> ??
>
>   For instance I have installed a package in /usr/local/mylib/include and
> /usr/local/mylib/lib and I would like configure to detect if mylib is not
> installed.
>   I prefer not to put it in an environnement variable.

 As an alternative to CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS/LIBS via cmd line/environment,
 you could implement the corresponding configure option --with-mylib=DIR.

 Then check explicitly for DIR/include/mylib.h and DIR/lib/libmylib.a. Or
 add -IDIR/include, if it exists, to CPPFLAGS and then use AC_CHECK_HEADER.
 Similar for the lib.