Re: Automake::Struct II

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Automake::Struct II
Date: 05 May 2001 15:37:01 -0600

>>>>> "Akim" == Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:
>>>>> "Russ" == Russ Allbery <address@hidden> writes:

Russ> Since it's pretty unlikely that there's going to be another
Russ> Automake::Class floating around, that should be equivalent,
Russ> except that it has the nice plus of then letting you just use
Russ> $PERL -I$srcdir/.. in the test suite to run automake and force
Russ> it to use the version from the build tree rather than the
Russ> installed version.

Akim> If Tom prefers this solution, I will fix it.

I don't like perllibdir.  If it exists only for the sake of the test
suite then I'd prefer we just add a -I in the test suite.  Maybe that
means we have to make defs from defs.in?  That would mean an ugly
change in the test suite :-(.  Maybe defs could read some (new)
generated file to find the right perl.

Akim> Tom, I'm going to apply what I presented because we have been
Akim> stuck a long time by this issue, and this will give us an
Akim> opportunity to flush some more patches.

Thanks.  It looks good.

Tom