Re: 104-handle-languages-morphing-5.patch

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: 104-handle-languages-morphing-5.patch
Date: 05 May 2001 17:16:27 -0600

>>>>> "Akim" == Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

Akim>   * automake.in (&handle_languages): Compute `$ltoutarg' and
Akim>   `$outarg' independently from dependency code.
Akim>   There is no use looping on a language's possible extensions since
Akim>   we loop over used extensions.
Akim>   Therefore, there is no use for a local `%transform'.

It has been hard for me to figure out what the patches preceding this
one did.

I'm guessing that we still include depend2 multiple times, but that
the loop is not visible in this patch?

I think this is ok.  The important thing is that we understand that a
given language can have multiple extensions in a single package, so we
might have to emit rules more than once per language.

Tom