Re: 97.5-merge-finish-languages-dependencies.patch (Was: 98-no-depend2.p

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: 97.5-merge-finish-languages-dependencies.patch (Was: 98-no-depend2.patch)
Date: 05 May 2001 17:45:41 -0600

Akim> I'm stuck.  I tried to produce the single big patch which
Akim> consists of them all, but after having fought with patch, I
Akim> realized I must have forgotten a patch: that introducing
Akim> handle_languages.

Which patches does the 97.5 patch supercede?

Here are patches I still have:

Patch                           Status
99-ordering-changes             Missing ChangeLog entry
                                I have no idea what it does
100-handle-languages-morphing-1 ChangeLog entry clearly mangled
                                Again its effect is unclear
101-handle-languages-morphing-2 Probably ok
102-handle-languages-morphing-3 ChangeLog entry mangled
                                What does it do?

(I have patches after this, too, but these are the ones that I don't
understand.)

These patches are all probably ok.  They mostly seem to rearrange code
in handle_languages.  But it looks like they got mangled somehow
during the submission process.

I know they've been waiting a long time.  If they just rearrange the
existing code, then go ahead and check them in.  I was worried before,
due to the confusion about multiple inclusion of depend2.am, but I
think that has been cleared up now.

Tom