Re: Automake release

From: Gary V . Vaughan
Subject: Re: Automake release
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 09:08:21 +0100

On Monday 07 May 2001  1:33 am, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On May  6, 2001, Tom Tromey <address@hidden> wrote:
> > `1.4.1' is an alpha release by our rules.
>
> I thought only releases ending in letters were alpha.
>
> There's always 1.4p1.

People seem relatively happy with libtool's maj.min.patch and maj.min<alpha>
approach, and I think it would be nice to use the same numbering schemes -- I
didn't realise that you counted 1.4.1 as an alpha; we consciously copied the
automake numbering system for libtool for the sake of familiarity...

Let me know when I have access and I'll get moving...

Cheers,
        Gary.
--
  ())_.  Gary V. Vaughan     gary@(oranda.demon.co.uk|gnu.org)