Re: Automake::Struct II

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Automake::Struct II
Date: 08 May 2001 16:52:16 +0200

Tom> I don't like perllibdir.  If it exists only for the sake of the
Tom> test suite then I'd prefer we just add a -I in the test suite.
Tom> Maybe that means we have to make defs from defs.in?  That would
Tom> mean an ugly change in the test suite :-(.  Maybe defs could read
Tom> some (new) generated file to find the right perl.

No, it's not the only problem.  The whole problem is that the
definition of @INC inside automake is performed after -I, hence -I
will always be overridden, and therefore chances are high to test
uninstalled automake with installed am files etc.

I think the current solution is ugly, very much agreed, but much safer.