Re: Automake::Struct II

From: Akim Demaille
Subject: Re: Automake::Struct II
Date: 08 May 2001 17:23:34 +0200

>>>>> "Russ" == Russ Allbery <address@hidden> writes:

Russ> Well, the effect of -I is just to add things to @INC, so since
Russ> you're modifying @INC with Perl code, one can potentially take
Russ> the effects of -I into account and not override them.  The
Russ> question is more the best way of doing that.

Yep, I did not unroll the whole thinking, but indeed, another means to
reach the expected effect consists in using -I and tell automake not
to play with @INC, i.e., since we want to _tell_ automake not to (as
opposed to let it guess), we need a variable (%ENV or -e), so we end
up with two entities instead of one.

Personally, I don't really consider this option.